Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Edward Cullen ( Twilight Movie)


I grew up in a happy home with two fairly wealthy parents who had steady jobs. Never has a day passed when I have not thought of my biological mother, Elizabeth, and of the endearing love that dwelled within her, for me. The fact that she was able to sense a difference in Doctor Carlisle than any other individual is utterly flabbergasting. I feel the need to thank her for the future she hadn’t intended for me, until her final moments. I have learned to house I few regrets; life only progresses onward, so why harbor hatred and bitterness of the past? I will forever love my biological parents dearly, even to this very day: one hundred and ten years later. I will never forget them.

Not too long ago, I was “adopted” (so-to-speak) by Mister and Misses Carlisle and Esme Cullen into their family of six “children.” Or, at least such is our cover. Though they might not be of my blood, I adore them all with my entire being; they are my wonderwalls. I don’t know what I would do without their love and support.

Besides, the more time I spend with you, the more human emotions seem comprehensible to me.

Of course, everyone eventually goes through a rebellious streak; mine occurred soon after my transformation into a vampire was complete. I went against Carlisle’s practice of feeding off of animals, and made a desperate attempt to develop my own way of living. After ten long years of being apart from my family, I then realized just why Carlisle made the effort to only drink of animals instead of the usual human meal. In order to distract myself from the constant hunger that plagues me, I intended on finding a hobby in order to pass the time... Considering there seemed to be so much of it, these days. The piano has always fascinated me, truth be told. The sweet melodies musicians composed struck me as hypnotizing. Emotions could, indeed, be expressed without words, as music thoroughly proves. So, I began experimenting with different notes and various tunes. I played what my ear registered as pleasant to the senses. Esme soon caught on and encouraged me to continue. As soon as I became familiar with the instrument, I wrote a song especially for her. I am well aware that she enjoys listening to classical music, while decorating and gardening. The piano is only my second love, for I know it will always be there when needed the most. You understand.


My ability to hear humanity’s thoughts helped ease the guilt I had for killing innocent people for my own selfish gain. I decided to use my gifts in order to redeem myself for preying on the innocent. I preyed upon the worst of society in order to justify my actions. I returned to Carlisle merely two years later, ridden with guilt (to say the least). He was right. I was wrong -- there wasn’t more to it. I haven’t strayed since.

In the year of 2005, after spending approximately two years in Forks, Washington, with my family, I came across the love of my life, Isabella Swan, during my junior year of my enrollment at Forks High School. Never before have I desired for any one person’s death. My tongue longed for her blood; I could hear her very livelihood singing a tantalizing melody especially for me, beckoning the monster within me to surface and claim her as my own, to literally suck her dry. I had found my singer, after one hundred years of waiting. I was caught off guard, when I discovered that my extraordinary ability to read minds was hindered greatly; I was unable to pry into the innermost crevices of her psyche -- Needless to say, I was overwhelmed with confusion and exasperation. I was baffled. I needed answers! I escaped from the spell that she had unknowingly cast upon me. I fled to Denali, Alaska, to seek peace. The Denali Sisters greeted me with kindness, showing me superb hospitality during my two-week stay.

Come, gentle night; come, loving, black-browed night;
Give me my Romeo; and, when I shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night...

Romeo and Juliet Act III scene ii


The attraction that Tanya acknowledged between us was undeniably present, I dare say. She has made several attempts to capture my attention. Being the male figure that I am, I tried desperately to focus on the task at hand: Why can I not hear Isabella Swan’s thoughts? Why is my longing for her blood so intense? Needless to say, my focus on the situation was continuously disrupted. I kid you not, Tanya’s existence is the prime example of how one vampire should interact with the world, for she and her Sisters are a peace-loving clan. After several denials on my part, I decided to make my way back to Forks, Washington. I could no longer withhold my desire. I needed to see her, to touch her. I needed Bella in my life. I could not fight it any longer. Bella had subdued me like no other individual has. A human! No vampire could seem to compare to her, no matter how flawless. There would be to more Tanya. Bella was the one that I wanted.

I regret treating her so horribly as I did. Withholding the slightest hint of conversation proved absolute torture. Though, surely I made up for lost time, once I swept her off her feet (or so-to-speak). Of course, there were a few obstacles in my way, such as that pesky Tyler always vying for her attention... And, not to mention the ever so subtle Mike Newton. His lust for Bella set me on edge, I so humbly admit. As much as she wanted to hate me, and as much as I needed to hate her, our opposites attracted. From the very moment I hear her whisper my name into the night that one evening, I knew I had to have her. We were meant to be. My wait for a mate had ended. I was complete.

If I could dream at all, it would be about you.
And I’m not ashamed of it.


At this point in time, I have thoroughly convinced myself to suppress the urge to suckle on her pulse, and am now quite tolerable to the scent of her blood. I’ve grown stronger, now -- practically immune, more or less. Though, I’m still very vulnerable.

I am utterly infatuated with this human girl, despite the many perils that seem to find their way into our relationship. We have overcome obstacles that one cannot even begin to fathom, so I urge you to not even bother trying. Said hazards have only made our relationship stronger, the trust we hold for one another strengthening by the minutes. Bella, you are my all, my fortress, my life, and my dearest love. I vow on my “life” that I will never leave your side. No, not ever again. I am here to stay. You have me hooked.


As it seems, another milestone of my “life” has ended; high school has ceased to exist for me, as it has for the rest of my family. Though I have been dreading such an event for obvious reasons, Bella is still human and will be, as along as I can convince her to be, until said date is reached. I have vowed to turn her myself, rather than having Carlisle do the procedure. If Bella agrees to our engagement, then I will act upon her will, inflicting the final bite, much to my distaste. Though, I still long for her blood, as much as I have made myself immune to her livelihood; I’m so utterly anxious. She’s too stubborn, though; she’ll never give in to another year passing before becoming one of the living dead. I am torn in the decision. I can’t bring myself to change her into a vampire.

The danger that once threatened Bella’s well-being is now over, at long last. I disposed of the damned creature myself, disconnecting her head from between her shoulders with my very mouth. This victory is not bittersweet. This victory calls for celebration; never again will Victoria have the chance to bring harm to those I care deeply for. Her soul is now in Hell, much like Laurent’s and James’, where she belongs. No one threatens my family without paying the consequences. The good guys always win.

Do you ever think that your life might be easier if
you weren’t in love with me?

Much to my delight, Bella has agreed to our engagement; we will wed on August 13th, which is merely around the corner. I can't express to anyone just how lucky and fortunate I am to have Bella at my side; she is my entire world, the only reason I have for my continuous existence. Bella is my future, and my only love. I am a very selfish individual, and I refuse to share her love... but if such makes her happy, I will be reluctant to let her go, if that is what she desires. To meet her needs, I will sacrifice.

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."

Edward loved me. The bond forged between us was not one that could be broken by absence, distance, or time. And no matter how much more special or beautiful or brilliant or perfect than me he might be, he was as irrieversibly altered as I was. As I would always belong to him, so would he always be mine




No comments:

Post a Comment